Pack for your move like a pro
Even if you are just going on holiday, packing can be such a buzz killer. When it comes to relocation, there are so many difficult things to do, but packing trumps them all, by far. Why is it so? Probably because packing requires a lot of time, effort, and energy. It would be so much better to just hire someone to do all the packing for you. But even if you had enough money (as if moving isn't expensive enough!), you would still need to give them a hand. Well, what should you do then? You should learn how to pack for your move like a pro!
That isn't as difficult as you might think. All you need is some help from the best moving company. So, before you make any decision regarding your move, read this article and take notes. Your move could be much better than you might think!
1. Declutter your apartment so you could pack for your move like a pro
One of the most important things you need to know before you start packing for your move is this harsh truth - you have way too much stuff! This might have worked in your benefit before, but now it will cause you so much trouble. Why is this important? Because the more stuff you have, the more you will have to pay the movers. So, in order to avoid this and be able to pack like a pro, you need to declutter your apartment. Take some time and when you figure out what can you get rid of, you have various options.
- Throw away - If your things are way beyond repair, the only thing you could do is get rid of them. But make sure you do it in a way that is healthy for our environment, and recycle everything.
- Donate - You could turn the horrible relocating experience into a nice reason to help others. Your old books, toys, and wardrobe could be donated. If you have no use for it, someone else might. Doing a good deed will for sure make this relocation more enjoyable
- Sell - Instead of spending way too much money on transport, you can sell your things and increase your budget. Moving is so expensive that every dollar counts. Sell it on e-bay or organize a garage sale. Either way, you will have a much better outcome
2. Keep everything inventoried and labeled and you will pack like a true professional
One thing that is typical for all the professional movers is that they are very organized. That level of organization is something you want to achieve during your move as well. In order to pack for your move like a pro, you will first need to make an inventory list. Doing this enables you to keep everything in check and keep track of your possessions. When the time comes to meet the movers, you will have the list prepared, and you will be able to organize the move much better. This also means that it will be that easier for you to determine if something is lost. Labeling is equally as important. Every box needs to be properly labeled, using colors, numbers or words, and packing and transporting should be organized according to that.
3. Use materials that are flexible and of high quality!
One of the reasons why professional packers can do their job so efficiently is because they use good materials. In this case, good means that they have good quality and that they are flexible. In order to pack like a pro, you need to think outside the box. And we mean literally. Although packing in boxes is quite common practice, you can also use suitcases, bags, cans etc. Everything that you own and transport can become a place to pack things in. And when you do buy materials you will need, such as boxes, wrapping paper, and duck tape, don't just grab the first thing you see. Look for something that isn't too pricey but it will give you the support you need. This way you will pack like a professional and none of your things will be damaged. Do not forget to recycle!
4. Make sure that your belongings are protected in order to pack for your move like a pro
One of the reasons we hire professional packers is because we want to make sure that our things are well taken care of. Nothing will spill, get broken or damaged... But that is not so hard to accomplish even without professional packers. You will only need good quality materials and a lot of patience. Many people struggle with this so, on our website you can find a lot of helpful advice and packing tips. Make sure you follow through will all of them and that you use the maximum space while making sure that your belongings are protected.
5. In order to pack for your move like a pro, you need to have these things in mind!
- Nothing good ever happened in a day, do not procrastinate to the last minute. Make a plan and stick to it, so you would avoid any unnecessary surprises
- Gather packing materials from different sources and of different materials. This way you will be able to pack everything without worrying it will get damaged.
- Stick to your inventory list and pack the things that are heaviest at the bottom. Your movers might not know what is in which box, but your labeling system should help them with that
- Sign a contract with your movers and make sure that you are on the same page regarding the quantity and quality of the things they will be transporting
- Pack for your move like a pro by having a packing station in the hallway of your apartment
- The rooms that are further should be packed first, and work your way to the exit
- Pack upstairs, attic and basement first
- Always have an overnight bag where you can put everything you will need once the entire place has been wrapped in boxes.